Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Another day another dollar

Well, this week so far I'm going up to my office in Sandy Springs on a regular basis which is a bit unusual for me, but so far it has been painless as I've been on MARTA to and fro. I'm sure I'd be ready to jump off a cliff this week if I were on the road, but as it stands I'm getting about 15 minutes each way (only 3 stations work to home) to relax and listen to the iPod.

I have finally concluded that it's impossible to get from anywhere in Atlanta out to the Kennesaw Airport on public transit, but that is why I have ZipCar! I'm looking forward to getting some more flying time on the clock out there, but what a pain it is to have to go and pickup a car for that one trip.

On the upside I'm getting a good 2 miles of walking in every day even without going to the gym! Last night I took a walk over to Lenox mall to do a little window shoping and then down to Bricktop for dinner before going home at a good 1.2 miles. And, yesterday walking to/from Marta and my Sandy Springs office I got a good 0.6 miles. So without going anywhere special I got nearly two miles put on my shoe leather. Now, I've gotta get the gym scheduled again and add a couple more miles on my feet!

No comments: