Thursday, July 31, 2008

Walking, Groceries, Wedding....

Quick update, a couple more days, a couple more experiences...

So, I had to run up to Kennesaw on Tuesday which was a bit of a production to get a couple hours in up at the airport up there.  I was up there to finish up the last bit of ground review before I do my final checks before I go up for my FAA practical exam!

Locally, I've been hoofing it everywhere which is getting a bit crazy... I really have to plan ahead enough time to get from one place to another.  While I'm in a high-density area I still find that there are quite a few things that aren't easy to walk to.  I've found the local ATM which is about a 10 minute walk, the pizza joint is 10 min, the sport's authority is more like 15...  I'd really like a c-store within a short walk, but I'm at peachtree and piedmont and the closest is way down at piedmont and pharr rd.  That will likely stop being an issue when the disco kroger re-opens in September...  bad planning on my part...

Speaking of which...  it's a bit annoying having a grocery store within a 5-10 min walk, but it's closed for rennovations!  That means that I've gotta go get a zip car to just get simple groceries... maybe zifty.com can help me iron this wrinkle out for immediate need items and amazon.com can help me with longer term stuff...  Two months till the Kroger reopens... seems like a lot longer.

My next challenge is this weekend, my brother's wedding weekend...  I'm supposed to be in Marietta for the rehersal dinner on Friday night, and saturday afternoon/evening for the big event...  Seems a bit crazy, but I'm going to basically have to get a zip car for pretty much two whole days... maybe I'll be able to squeeze in some other errands like getting groceries, taking my dive gear back to my storage unit down by 85 & Piedmont, getting a little flight time in at the Kennesaw airport... it all seems a bit forced though.

Well, time to go get a nice pair of shoes at the sports authority and some lunch... Loco's is next door to SA so that will be a good bet for a quick sandwich.  It kinda has to be quick otherwise the 20 minutes walking there and back pretty much chews up all my time for lunch.

No comments: